Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Pagan Protest

If anyone follows the Pentacle Project you've probably heard talk of some right wing extremist Christians saying that the reason this country is "under attack" is because of the statue of liberty. Apparently they believe Lady Liberty to be some sort of Demonic Goddess of Hell, and the American "worship" of her is leading to the nations downfall. I didn't realize anyone worshipped her and I've never seen a candle light vigil held in her honor but I don't know everything so maybe I'm wrong.

I really can't figure out how these nut jobs come up with this stuff. That's like saying Uncle Sam is a God of War and all the pacifists should be up in arms saying that's why we're "under attack". It's insane. These people are always looking to attack some imaginary or non-corporeal being and lay all of the worlds problems on it's fictional or stone head (I guess now that goats aren't in use they've got to use imaginary sacrifices). First it was children's cartoons and now this. Come on people, please try to find a better use of your time.

Further more there is a complete waste of time movement of prayer that is meant to eradicate all feminine deities from America and claiming them to be Goddesses of Hell.
"The New Apostolic Reformation is a Dominionist group of Christians preaching that all feminine forms of deity are demonic. The NAR is engaged in a 51-day campaign of imprecatory prayer to create a fundamentalist Christian theocracy in the USA. Republican presidential hopefuls Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry are influenced by the NAR agenda."
I guess they've decided our male deities are okay. Who knew a spiritual being with a vagina was so damned frightening.

To combat this D.C. Pagan Priests and Priestesses will be holding "a Celebration of the Divine feminine and Religious freedom"  across from the White House. I wish I had the money to get there because if I did I would have to stand with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog