Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Once Upon A Time


Who loves fairy tales? I do I do! Tonight at 8/7c is the premier of ABC's new show Once Upon A Time. People like to look down their nose at television and some people even brag that they never watch it. I do, I feel like televisions are really just modern day story tellers. One of the most ancient past times is story telling. I also don't think watching television creates a lack of personal creativity. Sometimes I get my best and most creative ideas from something I've seen in a movie or on a show. I'm especially looking forward to this show as I have been following American Horror story and I feel this will be more fantasy and less horror on the story telling spectrum and the two together are a perfect blend for this time of year.

I've always loved fairy tales from the time I was young and while I feel witches always got a bad rap I appreciated that they were always religiously ambiguous. There was simply right and wrong, good and bad, and you should follow the path of good simply because it's good. Not because a specific God tells you to. They were never afraid of including a little magic and fairies were always in abundance. So if anyone will be tuning in with me, let me know what you think of the show because I'm sure to let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog