Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Honor Bound Review

I finally finished Honor Bound by C.J. Archer! It felt like it was taking me forever. It wasn't a bad book. On the whole it was pretty good but for some reason I had a hard time getting sucked into it. Some books grab me right away and I don't want to put them down until I'm done, this book kept giving me moments where I felt like I needed a break, and it wasn't very long.

It was mostly a romance novel complete with an evil mother-in-law who was very easy to hate, with a mystery flair. It had a nice twist at the end and I at the very least didn't see it coming.

The main characters were relatable and I really liked Isabel, a witch and apothecaries assistant who barely uses her powers for fear of being found out. She's brave strong and sure of herself good qualities in any woman. Her estranged husband Nick is fun, sexy and the perfect masculine stereotype. Enough boyish charm to keep him sweet and a nice hard edge to his personality to make him a man. All of the character's are fairly realistic and relatable.

I felt like the author could have boosted the witchy quotient but that's just my personal taste (although it was nice that she wasn't constantly flashing it around). The thing I liked the most is that she kept Isabel "normal", at least she's wasn't absurdly unbelievable.

I'd give it a 3 out of 5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog