Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Magician's Guild Review

Today I finished the Magician's Guild. I only have 3 words to describe this book Too Much Talking! Normally I don't mind banter between characters, but this was just unending and uninteresting banter. In case you're interested in reading this book yourself I don't want to give a whole lot away but the most exciting thing about this book is the description on the back cover.

For the first half of the book Sonea, the main character, is in hiding. Actually most of what you read for the first half of the book revolves around her moving from one hideout to the next as her friend valiantly attempts to keep her hidden (because even though she has magical powers she needs a man to take care of her) and the hunt being carried out by the misunderstood guild.

I need to be able to relate the main character in order to really enjoy a book and there isn't a single thing I like about Sonea. She's weak, annoying, and only seems to have a backbone when it isn't going to do her any good. To make matters worse none of the magic they do in the book is particularly interesting.

My husband assures me that the books get better, so we'll see. For his sake and due to the fact that I'm a bit of a book whore and will read just about anything, good or nauseatingly bad, I'm going to try to finish the trilogy, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog